Podcast#467 Spider-News What Did You Think?

Leave a Message to BD, general notes about the site, or ask a question on the podcast!

Moderators: PartyHardy, stillanerd, BD

Podcast#467 Spider-News What Did You Think?

Postby BD » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 pm

What did you think of the show?

The opening song is here .
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Podcast#467 Spider-News What Did You Think?

Postby Big Al » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:59 am

I forget who but somebody said that the Marvel Spider-Man cartoon was aimed at 10 year olds so how qualified are any of us to be judging it.

However…wasn’t the Spectacular Spider-Man and 1994 cartoon also aimed at 10 years olds or younger? I was way less than 10 when I saw the latter and for all its faults it was waaaaaaaaaaaay better than this new garbage show
Delta House Member Gimli

https://40.media.tumblr.com/2e65cb18213b8d4bf704dca08169e49c/tumblr_nz9jrqvyRA1she6m6o1_400.jpg

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout. Down came the Goblin and took the spider out. "

Joey Z was F.A.C.A.D.E.

THIS: http://hellzyeahthewebwieldingavenger.tumblr.com/post/77268781356/the-debate-norman-osborn-vs-otto-octavius-who-is-the

My secret identity is: Ubertestosterone90sArnieAvenger....-Man
Big Al
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby Frontier » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:14 pm

Big Al wrote:I forget who but somebody said that the Marvel Spider-Man cartoon was aimed at 10 year olds so how qualified are any of us to be judging it.

However…wasn’t the Spectacular Spider-Man and 1994 cartoon also aimed at 10 years olds or younger? I was way less than 10 when I saw the latter and for all its faults it was waaaaaaaaaaaay better than this new garbage show

Justice League Action is also aimed at kids but is much more successful at having a more widespread appeal, in my opinion.

Not that I don't think sometimes people can over-think kids cartoons...
Frontier
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Postby MRstarkiller360 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Frontier wrote:
Big Al wrote:I forget who but somebody said that the Marvel Spider-Man cartoon was aimed at 10 year olds so how qualified are any of us to be judging it.

Justice League Action is also aimed at kids but is much more successful at having a more widespread appeal, in my opinion.

Not that I don't think sometimes people can over-think kids cartoons...

Justice League Action, imo, works because it has a sense of fun.
The creators would much rather have fun with the superheroes than being more serius like the original Justice League. And I'm not saying that The OG Justice League cartoon was not fun however did have a more serius tone with it. And the reason why this new cartoon works is because the creators know at what point to stop and be a little bit more serius.
Spider-Man's cartoon creators don't have that going for them. They would much rather have Peter constantly make jokes and being an idiot, while proping up characters like Miles, Gwen and Silk, than to have him be a well balanced character who makes jokes and is a little bit more serius than what he seems!
Again Marvel idiology of Spider-Man at this point is about youth and not about responsibilty!
MRstarkiller360
Avenger
Avenger

Postby LordAlford » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:38 pm

George Berryman said about Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends - "At least Spider-Man was his own man and not Tony Stark's sttoge." (or thereabouts)

Where do you think all that high tech equipment came from in their dorm room that is featured on the intro song? :mrgreen:

Now maybe you'll be more appreciative of Iron Man's contribution to the Spider-Man mythos!
LordAlford
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby George Berryman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:29 pm

LordAlford wrote:Now maybe you'll be more appreciative of Iron Man's contribution to the Spider-Man mythos!

--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LordAlford » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Thought you'd like some screen shots:

im1.jpg
im1.jpg (22.05 KiB) Viewed 1579 times

im2.jpg
im2.jpg (13.36 KiB) Viewed 1579 times

im3.jpg
im3.jpg (27.72 KiB) Viewed 1579 times

And for that matter, the whole episode!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxn7e_origin-of-the-spider-friends_creation

Yep, that should change your whole opinion on the Iron Man / Spider-Man connection!
LordAlford
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Big Al » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:05 pm

LordAlford wrote:Thought you'd like some screen shots:

im1.jpg

im2.jpg

im3.jpg

And for that matter, the whole episode!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxn7e_origin-of-the-spider-friends_creation

Yep, that should change your whole opinion on the Iron Man / Spider-Man connection!

I see your Amazing Friends episode and I raise you one Marvel Team up #9 where Iron Man is a near buffoon and Spidey is a snarky bad ass who bails him out and generally looks way more competent

Delta House Member Gimli

https://40.media.tumblr.com/2e65cb18213b8d4bf704dca08169e49c/tumblr_nz9jrqvyRA1she6m6o1_400.jpg

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout. Down came the Goblin and took the spider out. "

Joey Z was F.A.C.A.D.E.

THIS: http://hellzyeahthewebwieldingavenger.tumblr.com/post/77268781356/the-debate-norman-osborn-vs-otto-octavius-who-is-the

My secret identity is: Ubertestosterone90sArnieAvenger....-Man
Big Al
Captain Universe
Captain Universe