Please do this!!!!

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

NightSurfer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Please do this!!!!

Post by NightSurfer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:45 am

I was hoping for you to do two things...
1.Do a Lizard review or whatever there called (im new lol).
2.Finish up the Harry Osborn one :!:
I would love ti if you did that! :D
THE HEIR TO SPIDEY'S WORST ENEMY!

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Please do this!!!!

Post by MadGoblin » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:40 pm

NightSurfer wrote:I was hoping for you to do two things...
The Lizard is not on the horizon at the moment.

I am working on finishing up the Harry series. I'm going to just release it all at once. However, with real life demands it's taking longer than expected.

NightSurfer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Re: Please do this!!!!

Post by NightSurfer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:11 pm

MadGoblin wrote:
NightSurfer wrote:I was hoping for you to do two things...
The Lizard is not on the horizon at the moment.

I am working on finishing up the Harry series. I'm going to just release it all at once. However, with real life demands it's taking longer than expected.
COOL! But do the lizard one as soon as next year! It was an honor for you to actually to reply to me! No really! I love your serieses. I cant believe im actually talking to you!!!!! :D

Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Venom65437 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Man, Night you must have a really sad life if you think it's an honor to have JR talk to you! :lol:

NightSurfer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by NightSurfer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:43 pm

Venom65437 wrote:Man, Night you must have a really sad life if you think it's an honor to have JR talk to you! :lol:
HAHA yah. :lol:

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadGoblin » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:57 pm

Venom65437 wrote:Man, Night you must have a really sad life if you think it's an honor to have JR talk to you! :lol:
Says the guy who spent five days in front of the computer punching in Venom1, Venom2, Venom3.... before coming up with a name! :lol:

With credit to Peter David...

Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Venom65437 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:58 am

MadGoblin wrote:
Says the guy who spent five days in front of the computer punching in Venom1, Venom2, Venom3.... before coming up with a name! :lol:

With credit to Peter David...
It's true! It's true! WAHHHHHHHHHH!!! :cry: :lol:

OsGob27
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by OsGob27 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:02 am

Why shouldn't it be an honor? With a little bit of copy-editing, these are professoriate-level essays JR is writing. Say "thank you."
Follow that cold shiver running down your spine...

If thou didst ever they dear father love, revenge his foul and most unnatural murder!

NightSurfer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by NightSurfer » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:25 am

OsGob27 wrote:Why shouldn't it be an honor? With a little bit of copy-editing, these are professoriate-level essays JR is writing. Say "thank you."
Exactly. His essays or reviews...or whatever!!!! Are amazing! :D

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadGoblin » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:07 pm

NightSurfer wrote:
OsGob27 wrote:Why shouldn't it be an honor? With a little bit of copy-editing, these are professoriate-level essays JR is writing. Say "thank you."
Exactly. His essays or reviews...or whatever!!!! Are amazing! :D
Things to do:

Make check out to OsbGob27....

Make check out to NightSurfer....

Send bag of horse chips to Venom65437...

Seriously, thanks, but I'm just a cranky middle aged dude who likes Spider-Man and for some bizarre reason writes essays about him rather than doing something useful like searching for the meaning of life - although isn't the answer 42? The people who write the stories are the ones who do the heavy lifting - I'm just in the gallery with Statler and Waldorf.

Thanos6
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:28 pm

Sometimes your "job" can involve just as much heavy lifting. Tying together the history of the Hobgoblin, or figuring out a way for the seemingly impossible to happen with Norman and Gwen, or figuring out why our favorite villains do what they do...I mean, for God's sake, the Handbook writers admit to lifting some of your stuff. If that's not an indication of quality, I dunno what is.

I'm pretty sure Mark Gruenwald is smiling on you (even as he's preparing to go haunt Quesada and Bendis's houses).

Can't speak for anyone else, but your site has really rekindled my love for Spidey. Even when I disagree (the Mary Jane series, for example, or the disdain for a lot of C-listers), I nevertheless see why you have that opinion and respect it.

I'd do a similar site for my own fave hero, Quasar, but even if I could produce the same quality, not sure how much material I could get from a guy with just a 60 issue series and a lot of guest appearances. :)

So, yes, continue your work with Waldorf and Astoria (or Tom Servo and Crow; ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000?).

I'll be reading all the way.

(Damn, that turned out long)

Oh, PS--Our mutual acquaintance Otto told me to tell you that you're lucky, because he's currently conducting a bedside vigil at "dear, sweet" May Parker's in the hospital. So you're off the hook for a while. ;)

Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Venom65437 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:27 pm

Now now, I've been chatting with JR on message boards for quite a few years now, even before the Crawl Space. I think he knows I'm just playing with him. :wink:

Antiyonder
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Antiyonder » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:12 pm

MadGoblin wrote:Seriously, thanks, but I'm just a cranky middle aged dude who likes Spider-Man and for some bizarre reason writes essays about him rather than doing something useful like searching for the meaning of life - although isn't the answer 42? The people who write the stories are the ones who do the heavy lifting - I'm just in the gallery with Statler and Waldorf.
It's been answered on Ed, Edd and Eddy what the meaning of life is. The answer:

Buttered Toast!
Antiyonder: No relation to The Anti-Beyonder from the non existing Amalgam Comics Miniseries "Secret Crisis Of The Infinity Hour #1-12"

Animaniacs "Turkey Jerky"

Miles Standish "Be gone pests, and give me the bird."
Yakko "We'd love to, really, but the Fox Censors won't allow it."

OsGob27
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by OsGob27 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 am

Technically, JR is right that the ultimate answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is in fact 42. The problem is that the ultimate question to Life, the Universe, and Everything still eludes us. Once we find the question, the answer will make sense
Follow that cold shiver running down your spine...

If thou didst ever they dear father love, revenge his foul and most unnatural murder!

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadGoblin » Thu May 03, 2007 11:49 am

OsGob27 wrote:Technically, JR is right that the ultimate answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is in fact 42. The problem is that the ultimate question to Life, the Universe, and Everything still eludes us. Once we find the question, the answer will make sense
With apologies to Douglas Adams....

If there is an "ultimate" answer and question to Life, the Universe, and Everything - does that mean there is a "616" answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?

Ouch. I'll know better than to post during lunchtime.