You ever considered an article on the more humorous stories?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

You ever considered an article on the more humorous stories?

Postby Antiyonder » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:25 pm

You know just for laughs? I'm refering of course to stories that are more lighthearted than the more serious Spidey tales, or some of the more upbeat tales, like:

Marvel Team Up #137 (Aunt May and Franklin Richards team up)
Deadpool #11 (Deadpool and Blind Al mess up the events of The Amazing Spider-Man #47)
Spider-Man Family- Amazing Friends (Overall, shows why Spider-Man, Iceman and Firestar couldn't function as the "Troublesome Trio" in mainstream continuity.)
Antiyonder: No relation to The Anti-Beyonder from the non existing Amalgam Comics Miniseries "Secret Crisis Of The Infinity Hour #1-12"

Animaniacs "Turkey Jerky"

Miles Standish "Be gone pests, and give me the bird."
Yakko "We'd love to, really, but the Fox Censors won't allow it."
Antiyonder
Webslinger
Webslinger

Re: You ever considered an article on the more humorous stor

Postby MadGoblin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:12 pm

Antiyonder wrote:You know just for laughs? I'm refering of course to stories that are more lighthearted than the more serious Spidey tales, or some of the more upbeat tales, like:

Marvel Team Up #137 (Aunt May and Franklin Richards team up)
Deadpool #11 (Deadpool and Blind Al mess up the events of The Amazing Spider-Man #47)
Spider-Man Family- Amazing Friends (Overall, shows why Spider-Man, Iceman and Firestar couldn't function as the "Troublesome Trio" in mainstream continuity.)

Never considered it - but that's not a bad idea.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

If you do go through with it,

Postby Antiyonder » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:16 pm

Then no question about it, you would have include some of the Mini Marvels as well. To give you an idea of of the funny moments of Spidey history (Funny, IMHO):

The Spectacular Spider-Man #261- Norman was determined to leave the fight scene before anyone could witness his presense, so he dons the Green Goblin mask (while dressed in his business attire). The dialogue:

Police Officer- Is that the Green Goblin?
Police Officer 2- If it is, he's sure dressing better these days.

There's also that scene from Spider-Man/Human Torch #1 where Peter tries to remind Johnny of their previous encounters (I don't have the digest on me at the moment):

Peter- You held a speech at my school, I told you it changed my life.
Johnny- Don't recall.

Peter- You forced your autograph on me?
Johnny- Really? Doesn't sound like me.

Also, you read Ren & Stimpy #6? Brilliant. Here's a line of dialogue:
Hmmm, maybe I could team up with my arch-nemesis Venom, and together we could defeat him? Or I could design a suit of Spider-Armor? Yeah, that's it! Yeah team up with Venom, wear some Spider-Armor, and you could package the whole thing with a glow in the dark hologram cover?
JEEZ! Where's my head today? Must be sniffin' too much web fluid or something!
Antiyonder: No relation to The Anti-Beyonder from the non existing Amalgam Comics Miniseries "Secret Crisis Of The Infinity Hour #1-12"

Antiyonder
Webslinger
Webslinger

Re: If you do go through with it,

Postby MadGoblin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:17 am

Antiyonder wrote:Then no question about it, you would have include some of the Mini Marvels as well.

I would probably only do such an article about in-continuity stories. That said - the mini-Marvels have a special place in my heart because I bought the "Spidey" one shot several years ago as my son's first comic book, and we looked at that thing together so many times that he literally (and this is the truth) said "Geen Gobbin" before he said any variation of "Dad." "Gobbin" was one of the first half dozen or so words that he regularly said. Unfortunately, as you can imagine, since it was my son's book and he was 2-3 at the time, it didn't take long for that thing to wind up in shreds.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BD » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:19 am

I think the humourous angle of Spidey titles would be a great in-depth article. Add that to the LOOOOOOOONG list JR. :)
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Antiyonder » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:16 am

Can't forget The Legion Of Losers.

Antiyonder
Webslinger
Webslinger

Re: You ever considered an article on the more humorous stor

Postby Wombat 909 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:53 pm

Antiyonder wrote:Deadpool #11 (Deadpool and Blind Al mess up the events of The Amazing Spider-Man #47)

That tale is very funny but i only have part 1 and not Part 2 :(
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Wombat 909
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Russe » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:34 pm

Ooooh!

Can I get a complete list? I want to start my Spidy comic collection with something and I think this should be it. The funny stuff before I get to the more serious stuff!

Though, the teaming up with venom and wearing spidy-armour is rather amusing!
I am the AMAZING TUTU-GUY! -- Tutu-Guy
What are you going to do? Pirouette me to death? -- Spider-Man

(This is from my fan fic Spider Man and the Amazing Tutu-Guy!
Russe
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Thanos6 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Can't go wrong with Amazing Spidey #267, The Coming of the Commuter!
Thanos6
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby BruceBuchanan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Some of my favorite humorous Spider-Man stories are those involving the Frog-Man and the White Rabbit.

All of these stories came when J.M. DeMatteis was writing the various Spider-books, as he seemingly was the only one interested in these characters. But I found them hilarious.
BruceBuchanan
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer