"Secret Identity" now up at Spidey Kicks Butt!

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

greedyslayer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by greedyslayer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:52 pm

I just wanna say thank you for the latest installment; always get excited when there's something new on the site. :D

Sheephead
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Sheephead » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:48 pm

Another great article JR!

Just one thing, do you think it's likely that Marvel saw this story much like they saw Wolverine's Origin, i.e. they thought that they should do it before it was done in the movies?

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadGoblin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:10 am

Sheephead wrote:Another great article JR!

Just one thing, do you think it's likely that Marvel saw this story much like they saw Wolverine's Origin, i.e. they thought that they should do it before it was done in the movies?
No. I don't think that ever crossed their minds - because I don't think such a thing is even on the table for the movies. At the end of the first X-Men film, Xavier gives Logan the location of an "abandoned base" so Marvel had very good reason to believe that Wolverine might get a "movie origin." I don't know whether or not the talk of a Wolverine solo film began at that time either, but if it did - then I can see Marvel's concern. I don't see that in the Spidey films

Russe
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Russe » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:24 pm

After reading the article, I shall have to go back to get the details right. I see why he did it. It made me mad that he did it in front of the press. But this was a very good explanation to me.

Though, I still don't like it. If I wrote fan fic that went off the Civil War comic saga, I'd change it to AU so that I could write that part out. But that's just me.
I am the AMAZING TUTU-GUY! -- Tutu-Guy
What are you going to do? Pirouette me to death? -- Spider-Man

(This is from my fan fic Spider Man and the Amazing Tutu-Guy!

trunck
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Great article

Post by trunck » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:10 am

Came back after a long break, from both spidey comics and your articles, to see this great artice. I agree almost completely, but I do think the story of the unmasking itself is well done and reasonable, making me at least believe peter could actually do it and unmask.
It was also obvious that Peter will change sides after a while, since tony's side was definately shown as the bad guys side, and spidey can't be with the bad guys.

BUT, and this is a big one, even though I enjoyed the story till the unmasking, right now I do not. The concept of peter unmasking was almost not used at all, except a few stories in friendly/sensational there were no consequences beside the civil war stuff!. Not only that but now marvel is going to magicly reverse everything, and at the same time do something awful that Joe Q always wanted to do and i'm not sure if I can say it here because it's a spoiler.

There is going to be a big cop out, a thing that I can't recall ever happenned in Spider-Man's history.

Anyways thanks for the great read, and now it's time to catch up with the venom ones.