New Spider-Man cartoon in the works

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

New Spider-Man cartoon in the works

Post by gregxb » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:30 pm

So, there is a new Spider-Man cartoon in the works, which is set to come out in 2008. Now, I know we've had a few before which were of below average quality, but I have a little faith in this one.

The producer of the series is a friend of mine named Greg Weisman, who, among his many credits created and produced the animated series "Gargoyles" in the mid-90s (and is currently writing the comic book continuation for Slave Labor Graphics). He also wrote Captain Atom in the 80s with Cary Bates. And has done a lot more stuff.

And, as soon as he told me, the first thing I did was send him the link to J.R.'s site here. :wink:

This was literally a few minutes ago. If he's given creative freedom on this, I am sure he'll do Spidey justice.

greedyslayer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by greedyslayer » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:56 pm

...Seriously? (Not only on the cartoon and on Mr. "Gargoyles" Weisman's involvement--but you know the man?)

gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Post by gregxb » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:48 pm

Yep. He's a good friend of mine.

Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Venom65437 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:41 pm

Is this a straight to DVD cartoon or do we actually get to see it before we buy it?

gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Post by gregxb » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:25 pm

I think it's going to be on TV first.

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Spider-Man cartoon in the works

Post by MadGoblin » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:35 pm

gregxb wrote: And, as soon as he told me, the first thing I did was send him the link to J.R.'s site here. :wink:
You may have succeeded in sending him screaming out of his office about just how crazy and intense some Spider-Man fans really are. :lol:

gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Post by gregxb » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:55 pm

LOL, well, we'll see. I made sure to "advise him" that the Green Goblin should be done greater justice than the last few Spider-Man animated outtings. ;)

Viper
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Viper » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:16 am

gregxb wrote:LOL, well, we'll see. I made sure to "advise him" that the Green Goblin should be done greater justice than the last few Spider-Man animated outtings. ;)
I dare say that the Green goblin was done great justice in Spider-Man: the Animated Series and involved in one of the best episodes of the entire show.

gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Post by gregxb » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:48 am

He would have been done justice if he had a better voice actor, didn't have that lame dimensional portal device, and if Norman Osborn wasn't the Kingpin's bitch for most of the series. Just MHO.

greedyslayer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by greedyslayer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:45 pm

Viper wrote:
gregxb wrote:LOL, well, we'll see. I made sure to "advise him" that the Green Goblin should be done greater justice than the last few Spider-Man animated outtings. ;)
I dare say that the Green goblin was done great justice in Spider-Man: the Animated Series and involved in one of the best episodes of the entire show.
gregxb wrote:He would have been done justice if he had a better voice actor, didn't have that lame dimensional portal device, and if Norman Osborn wasn't the Kingpin's bitch for most of the series. Just MHO.
I think my only complaint is that there wasn't enough Green Goblin (meaning Norman actually dressed up in the costume w/ glider and messing with Spider-Man); I felt all his appearances were great, he just needed more screen time. Of course, there's always room for improvement; 90s VA was sufficient, but if they get Willem Dafoe as VA, I will die of happiness--I know of one instance where he did wonderful VA work on something animated...and his voice is just one of the theatrical ones I love to hear. (And generally, an SM cartoon with today's 2-D animation tech would pull off action scenes real nicely; see ref. Bruce Timm's JL(U) cartoons, Avatar: the Last Airbender.)

...Sorry, the Kingpin's bitch thing makes me giggle. XP (From what I hear, in the beginning of Civil War, Spidey seems to be somewhat Tony's bitch.)

hobgoblin22

Post by hobgoblin22 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:27 am

i just hope that norman is dressed as the original green goblin not hulks little brother in the ultimate universe

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:41 am

hobgoblin22 wrote:i just hope that norman is dressed as the original green goblin not hulks little brother in the ultimate universe
WORD!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

greedyslayer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by greedyslayer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:18 pm

Morbius wrote:
hobgoblin22 wrote:i just hope that norman is dressed as the original green goblin not hulks little brother in the ultimate universe
WORD!
God, yes. (If that were to happen, I'd have some kind of spaz attack--they cannot take away his glider! XP)