Goblin Prince # 9 available for your reading enjoyment!

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Goblin Prince # 9 available for your reading enjoyment!

Postby MadGoblin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:35 pm

Goblin Prince Part 9 - Goblin in Remission? looks at the creation of the HobGoblin, and the impact it has on poor Harry's life. What secret does the HobGoblin know that will forever alter the young Osborn's life? Yes, you probably know - but read the article anyway!

Please? :(
Last edited by MadGoblin on Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thanos6 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:45 am

Good article, JR, good article. Tad short compared to the last one, but damn good anyway.

The society pages would have a field day with “Former Drug-Addict, Goofy Costume Wearing, Pale Imitation of his Brilliant, but Murdered Old Man Marries Molten Man’s Step-Sister.” Sounds like a headline you read while standing in the checkout line of the grocery store, right next to the President shaking hands with space aliens. Plus, Harry had been kidnapped and used by a man he trusted, his psychiatrist, who turned out to be short a few pumpkins of his own, exploiting Harry’s psychosis and emotional problems for his own self-gratification.

These may well be the funniest few sentences you, or anyone else, has ever written about a Spidey story. :D

The next time was Amazing Spider-Man #260 & 261 (January-February 1985), as the original HobGoblin (and although Kingsley was beginning to use Ned Leeds as his doppelganger, this is still clearly Kinglsey) crashes Oscorp

The scene in this story where Roddy breaks into Harry's office via window is one of the best Hobgoblin scenes ever, IMO, and by far the best that wasnt written by Stern.

However, it is just as likely that Kinglsey unwittingly outfoxed Osborn.

That's for sure. Roddy fooled Spidey, the Kingpin, the Foreigner, Norman, Macendale, the entire superhero and supervillain communities for years...I'd argue he's one of the most successful manipulative villains of all time.
Thanos6
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Venom65437 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:10 pm

Two articles back to back! This is SKB overload! I love it! :lol:

I'm going to go check this out right now and come back with my thoughts.
Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger

Postby BD » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:24 pm

Great artcile as usual JR. Once I'll post a mention on the main page once I leave my folks house and go back up to high speed. I can't stand dial up. How we ever dealt with it all those years I'll never know.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Venom65437 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:54 pm

Loved it. This is a great series but I'm looking forward to the stuff planned over the break.

And I agree BD... how did we ever live with dial up?? Of course back in the day, a lot of websites weren't so flashy and all that... oh well.
Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Spider-Caster » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:48 am

Whoa, another new article already? I'm off to read.
Spider-Caster
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey