Spidey Unmasked, what do you think?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

trunck
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Spidey Unmasked, what do you think?

Post by trunck » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:53 pm

Hey, I'm an old fan of spidey kicks butt, been away for a while, very glad to see the new site and message board.

Sorry for the new post but I just had to know:
What do you think madgoblin, about this major "event" (this time for real) in spider-man's life as part of the civil war series?
Are you for? is it a natural development? or does it destory spider-man's character?
Ofcourse I can't wait for an article but you are very busy and this is not an easy subject, I read that you might want to take a small break from the prince of goblin articles and write about something else, well this could be it.

My opinion is still undecided, for some reason it just seems wrong, I mean so much history, spider-man always hidden behind a mask, it's part of what defines spider-man, him protecting his secret identity (badly the last few years), always scared, always haunted.
But, the way the story unfolds in civil war is very good, makes you feel like this was the natural choice for peter, like it had to happen. And it does have a lot of potential that is being addressed now, like how his villans will react, his friends, and where does peter go now?.
I don't feel like this was a marketing gimmick from marvel but a very plot driven decision (actually I think the whole civil war event till now is very well done).

Anyways I am really intrested in your opinion about this, if you think this is an opening for good things? or is it the worst outcome possible for spider-man.
I also hope you are doing fine and that everything is going your way.

And for you other spidey kicks butt fans, I would live to hear your opinions as well.

Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Venom65437 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:04 pm

Real quick, I loathe the decision. MG's comments leads me to believe he isn't in favor of it either... he didn't even think Peter would go through with it.

It's one of the worst decisions in Spider-Man's history, IMO.

black_sabbath1
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by black_sabbath1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:07 am

:shock:

THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!!

lol...

Chuckles
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Chuckles » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:22 pm

I liked it myself. It's a change. The reason I like Spidey over the others was that the writers seemed willing to jettison the goldfish memory of other comics and try new things. The clone saga was one of those things that was a big, bold change, and while a lot of people thought it was a kick in the pants, I liked it (the crappy writing and instant alteration of Peter's character I was less fond of). This is like the ultimate in big, bold changes. Everybody knows who Spider-Man is. He had the cojones to get up on stage and prove a lot of people, JJJ included, utterly wrong about his character, and it validated a lot of what we have always known about him: he's brave, intelligent and trustworthy, even if he makes mistakes like all other humans.
Time is an illusion, carrots doubly so
Puts the laughter in slaughter

killdude65
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by killdude65 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:09 pm

I agree
The Amazing Spiderverse Overlord

http://misterspidey.proboards98.com/index.cgi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MISTERSPIDEY

killdude65
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by killdude65 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Too bad some people don't like it
The Amazing Spiderverse Overlord

http://misterspidey.proboards98.com/index.cgi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MISTERSPIDEY

Valo

Post by Valo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:16 am

It was going to happen sooner or later

The Masked Menace
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by The Masked Menace » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:07 am

Now because of his unmasking Aun May is dying I personally thinks she is going to die.

Russe
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Russe » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 pm

I read something like this at wikipedia. I wish he hadn't joined the government. I've always figured that Peter would stand against stupid laws like that. I mean, it's rather bad characterization for a character to join a side and then after an episode or two he joines the other side.

I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be weird like that. I mean, a secret identity is supposed to stay secret. It's amazing how you can totally reconize someone (like Superman) and totally miss it just because he wears glasses! I mean, it's just common sense here!

I kinda hate the story line, but I'll try to read it just because it must be interesting.
I am the AMAZING TUTU-GUY! -- Tutu-Guy
What are you going to do? Pirouette me to death? -- Spider-Man

(This is from my fan fic Spider Man and the Amazing Tutu-Guy!