Suggestion for the next "character focus" series o

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Postby Viper » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:28 am

Morbius wrote:I think there should be a Michael Morbius focus series :wink:

I wouldn't mind seeing that at some point either. Morbious ha always been somewhere in my top........30 ( :lol: ) after he appeared in the Spider-Man animated series.
Viper
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:17 pm

While I'm sure it would destroy your faith in democracy (which if it's anything like mine isn't all that firm anyway), it seems that the people are voting for Venom pretty convincingly! And I'm adding my vote to that list. Go Venom!
Time is an illusion, carrots doubly so
Puts the laughter in slaughter
Chuckles
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby BD » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:53 pm

Chuckles wrote:While I'm sure it would destroy your faith in democracy (which if it's anything like mine isn't all that firm anyway), it seems that the people are voting for Venom pretty convincingly! And I'm adding my vote to that list. Go Venom!

Chuckles: Welcome to the board, I love the avatar and sig picture. Very cool!
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby MadGoblin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:30 pm

Viper wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing that at some point either. Morbious ha always been somewhere in my top........30 ( :lol: ) after he appeared in the Spider-Man animated series.

Morbius is one of those villains I never really developed a liking for because the whole vampire idea, even a "scientific" vampire, seemed incongruous with the world of Spider-Man. And wasn't he turned into a quasi-hero, like Venom (talk about ideas incongruous with Spider-Man - an alien symbiote?) back in the 1990's?
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BD » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:39 pm

Yeah Morb had his only series in the 90s when Ghost Rider hit it big. It was all part of the "midnight sons" books. I thought the series was cool at the time, but haven't re-read them so I don't know how they're holding up.

I did dig Morb's first appearance back in Amazing 101?
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby BtmxComedy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:48 pm

I guess since Spider-man will be revealing his secret identity soon, a one-shot article about Spider-man and the importance of his identity and what the change means would be nice at some point.
BtmxComedy
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Thanos6 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:17 am

MadGoblin wrote:
Viper wrote:

Morbius is one of those villains I never really developed a liking for because the whole vampire idea, even a "scientific" vampire, seemed incongruous with the world of Spider-Man. And wasn't he turned into a quasi-hero, like Venom (talk about ideas incongruous with Spider-Man - an alien symbiote?) back in the 1990's?

To be honest, as long as you keep the foundation--"Peter Parker in Manhattan"--I don't think any villain is incongruous with Spidey. Not Morbius or Carrion or, hell, even the Demogoblin or the Spider-Doppleganger.

Am I saying I want the "horror" type villains to be the big baddies in Pete's rogues gallery? Nope; place of honor of course goes to the (loosely) science based types, your Goblins, your Octopus, your Electro.

(I think the symbiotes, personally, tread the fine line of science AND horror, but that's me)

But there's nothing WRONG with him fighting them either. It's like "Spidey in space." Should he be battling aliens beyond the stars every issue? Of course not. But it's a nice change of pace once every couple of years.

It's like Dr. Strange (who I know you're not a particular fan of, but that's why I picked him). Of course the Sorcerer Supreme should be fighting magical/horror baddies like Dormammu, Baron Mordo, Mephisto and such most of his time. But there's nothing wrong with his running into your generic type supervillain every now and then just to spice things up.

Of course, they have to be handled carefully. You have the bad "Spidey in space" stories (for example, him and the Avengers vs. Nebula inside the Stranger's place). And you have the good "Spidey in space" stories (for example, him and the Avengers and Warlock and Mar-Vell and the Thing vs. Thanos and his army).

I could turn this into a MadGoblin-length rant of my own, but for the sake of everyone's sanity, I'll just say I don't think any villain is out of place with Spidey's milieu, as long as his bedrock remains the same.
Thanos6
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby switchblade » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:22 am

MadGoblin wrote:
BtmxComedy wrote:I suggest whatever the Madgoblin would like to write about, because if the subject is in the intrest of J.R. then the article will be good...if he simply does it to please the readers...welll....who knows...

And your payment is in the mail..

But, I LOVE reader suggestions. One of my cronies at the old Hero Realm kept pushing for a HobGoblin series until I wrote one - and then it turned out to be one of my more popular ones and a premier web reference on the character. Spider-Man 101 was written at the suggestion of Alex Hamby, and it's probably the series I'm most proud of.

But yeah, I have to be interested, or it won't fly. I have resisted doing any symbiote articles because frankly, I'm just not interested in them - but with the third Spider-Man film coming up, I may relent and do a
Venom. Sometimes, I like the challenge.

The problem is, since I do this as a hobby whenever I have the time it would be 10 years before I did all of the articles that readers have suggested that I am interested in doing.
Read Spider-man 101 when I first started reading Spider-man (I was originally, and to some extent still am, an X-men fan through and through) It filled me in on the history, so I than could subscribe to Asm without buying any of the Essentials.
switchblade
Webslinger
Webslinger

Location: upstate New York, the unrepresented region! Death to Spitzer AND his Republican opponent

Postby black_sabbath1 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:48 pm

mr. MadGoblin, i love your site, and i would like either:

a series of articles about the many versions of spiderman (ben riley, spiderman 2099, spidergirl, etc.)

-or-

an article about the many games of spiderman and how they measure up.

thank you.

-an avid 14-year-old fanboy
black_sabbath1
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby G-Man12 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:05 pm

Hey there, MadGoblin, I enjoy reading yur articles, and while I agree that Venom and "The Clone Saga"/Jackal would make really cool articles, I would like to see one on The Sinister Six, anyone else agree with me?
G-Man12
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Arachknight1979 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:46 pm

I don't think M.G. should do a Clone Saga topic. It was done to amzing effect in the 'Life of Riely' article. I Loath the Clone Saga and I would recomend 'Life of Riely' to any Spidey fan. The only thing new M.G. could bring to the Clone Saga would be his personal opinions on the subject, and he's used the term "wank fest" enough times in refrence to the Clone Saga that we pretty much have his opnion on it already :-) Or was that term used for 'Maxumum Carnage'. Either way, the term is sound for bolth.

I would acually like to see an article on the most unsung of Spidey characters. This "character" was an improtant part os Spider-man comics for nearly a decade. That is his apartment in Chelsea. A full indepth look at the apertment and it's history in Spidey comics. From when Peter got the apartment to When he and Mary Jane moved out, and all the important things that happened in-between. Some of the most dramatic events in Peter's life after Gwen died happened in that apartment. And like any movie or telivision show set, it bacame a "character" unto itself.
Arachknight1979
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby G-Man12 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Well, I posted this before I found an read Life Of Reilly, so you can take the clone thing off of my ideas and jut focus on the other two
G-Man12
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby greedyslayer » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:30 pm

So, long time reader, first time poster:

...I'm actually up for more Green Goblin (your articles have made me like him even more). 8)

Though at this point, I'm really looking forward to 2006's year in review (interested in thoughts on Civil War--okay, more interested in Norman apparently working with the government and in charge of some team).

Something with a singular focus on Spider-Girl would be nice; I'd also want to know your exact thoughts on the youngest Osborn, Normie.

...And from some above, before--agreed, anything you write has to earn some of your interest.
greedyslayer
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby CrazyChris » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:48 pm

My vote: Aunt May.
CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby greedyslayer » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:55 pm

CrazyChris wrote:My vote: Aunt May.

Oh! good idea! :D
greedyslayer